Friday, April 4, 2008

It Begins

A week and counting from the US Adult Figure Skating Championships in Lake Placid!

There are 600 competitors coming, I'm told. We range in age from 21 to who-knows-what, sorted into the several skating disciplines (e.g., singles, pairs, ice dancers) and then into various classes of competancy and decrepitude. I'm in the Ladies Masters Novice division, level 4 (ages 46-55). My survival kit speaks volumes: a new bottle of Aleve, a new jar of arnica lotion, a new box of Nicorette, Powerade powder, Power Bars, a heating pad and smelling salts.

Don and I will do our best to keep you posted on the adventure ahead!

Dawn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is great! I can't wait to read about what happens at an adult skating competition. I know about adult tennis and what fun I had at the out of state events. Relax and enjoy! Susie

Anonymous said...

Hi Miss Dawn,
Diane couldn't send her comment so I'll pass it on. She says good luck you BRAVE woman!
Susie

Jen Pottebaum said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you, and can't wait to hear all about your adventure! Good luck!

Love you -- Jen

Karin Fenn said...

Enjoy yourself, each moment you're skating, and preparing. Focus on the flow of energy and the pleasurable sensations skating brings. You are not decrepit. Embrace the beauty of your age - the wisdom, and fullness only a mature skater can bring. Enjoy yourself as you are right now.

Love Karin